Thursday, 28 May 2015

Animation Update: Father, do you not hear?

Fixing the key poses of the old animation to make the Son's movement a bit more dynamic. 

Further tweaking of the Son's animation; not final yet. The Erlking's animation has not been changed so far. 

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

The death scene 02

 This is the death scene without the crying bounce of the father. 

Animation Update: Do Come My darling

Fog animation changed. 
The Son's animation tweaked.
The Erlking's animation added.
Further tweaking and refining. 
- Animation with no fog.

- Animation with fog.

Comparison to the old animation:

Updated Death Scene

The animation still needs to be smoothed out but I feel as though the elements of the scene are in place for creating a sad ending. 

Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Animation Progression The Son's Death Scene

The Son's death scene progression. It still needs work in terms of the timing but i have adjusted the camera added a zoom and I have changed the animation all together. The faces and the speed still needs adjusting.


Animation Update: Do Come My Darling

Fixing the animation of the scene for New Designers.
Attempt number one (fixing the Son, the Elking not edited yet):

After receieving feedback additional changes have been made to the Son's animation to make him feel more scared and distanced from the Erlking: 

There's still a lot of fixing to be done but it's much better than it was before. 

The Son Updated Pose

I changed the pose of the son and updated the lighting also for his turnaround.

Turnaround: The Father's New Pose

Thursday, 7 May 2015

Animation Progression

Below are the  additional final animated shots for the animation they all had many takes to refine the animation that is presented. 

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Post-Production .01

Just a quick update of the progress of the animation. Early stages of post-production, adjusting levels and colours, sorting out all render layers and placing files in correct order. 

Saturday, 2 May 2015

Animation: Son Covered by Twins

This scene proved itself to be really problematic and took many hours (count in days) to figure out the issues. From colliders to constraits I worked the way out of a problem and because it took a lot of time I am sharing a selection of fails (unfortunately some of the most dramatic ones didn't get saved).

And the final version where hair of both the Mushroom and the Plant twin works fine, doesn't have problems with scale or geometry forming into crazy shapes.